If you’ve ever wanted to learn the cool Street Dance and Hip Hop moves from your favourite music videos, then this is the dance class for you! Street Dance is graceful, strong and will challenge your body in an a multitude of different ways. We offer both child and adult street dance and hip hop classes, guiding you through practical introductions to different styles and movement patterns. Our beginner Street Dance and Hip Hop classes are general level so they are suitable for those with no experience as well as the keen dancers out there.
From the gritty freestyle urban dance that originated on the streets, to commercial street dance that combines many styles from modern dance to jazz dance, anything goes with Street Dance and Hip Hop as long as it looks and feels good!
Street Dance and Hip Hop course content may differ depending on age, group size and level, but generally includes:
– Learn about posture and position in dance
– Lose inhibitions and gain confidence
– Develop greater balance, flexibility and strength
– Learn co-ordination and footwork: such as basic corner to corner work, steps, turns and kicks
– Learn to dance and perform routines: as a duet, trio or group